Primary School Learning Diversity Specialist
The Amsterdam International Community School (AICS) is a growing international school in Amsterdam. We are looking for a motivated and dynamic Learning Diversity Specialist to join our Support Team. The vacancy is for 0.8 FTE.
Pay scale 9 (min. approximately €2.755, - max. approximately €4.164, - full-time per month, before tax).
Starting date: as soon as possible.
About the Amsterdam International Community School (AICS)
The AICS is the only Dutch International Primary and Secondary School in the Netherlands. We are one of 40 schools worldwide and the only school in the Netherlands that offers the full IB continuum (IB PYP, MYP, DP, and CP). Together with a number of other national Dutch schools we form the ‘Esprit School Group’.
The AICS is a partly-state-funded community school, which enables us to deliver high-quality education at competitive fees. The AICS is a fully-accredited member of the Council of International Schools (CIS) and offers international education to internationally-mobile students from over 50 different nationalities.
The AICS currently offers Primary education to students aged 4-11 and Secondary education to students aged 11-19. The main language of instruction for classes is English. The AICS is one school located in three campuses throughout the city of Amsterdam: AICS South (Primary and Secondary, over 1100 students), AICS Satellite (Primary only, around 200 students) and AICS South East (Primary and Secondary, over 300 students).
To be a community where learning is at the heart of everything we do.
The AICS facilitates high quality, accessible, community-based international learning for students of all nationalities living in The Netherlands.
You need to be:
- A qualified specialist in one or more areas of student support (remedial education, inclusive education) at primary school level;
- Knowledgeable in the area of specialist support programmes for primary students with a range of learning diversity needs;
- Able to analyse a diversity of learning issues and design appropriate individual educational plans for individual and small groups of students;
- Able to support students with many different academic, social and emotional needs and coming from different cultural backgrounds and countries;
- Able to support, guide and advise students and their teachers with regards to a diversity of learning issues;
- Fluent in spoken and written English;
- A team player who is willing to contribute to the student support team and the school community.
You need to have:
- A commitment to the school’s mission to provide community-based international learning;
- A DUO validated teaching degree and/or learning diversity specialist qualification or equivalent;
- Experience of supporting and reporting on specialist learning diversity needs in English;
- Knowledge and experience of different teaching and educational methodologies;
- Experience in observing, assessing and evaluating student needs at primary level;
- Experience in evaluating and interpreting students reports and assessment results;
- An understanding and knowledge of different cultural backgrounds;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to function well within a team;
- Experience in observing, assessing and evaluating student needs at a primary level.
Please submit applications through this website.
The Amsterdam International Community School is committed to creating a safe learning environment for our staff and students. Reference checks will include a check on child protection issues for all serious candidates. We will require a police clearance certificate for the last country of employment as well as a certificate of conduct (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag, VOG) upon arrival in the Netherlands or if you are already a resident in the Netherlands.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to interview candidates before the closing date of the vacancy. All candidates do have equity in the process.
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.