Secondary Student Coach
Amsterdam International Community School
“Learning is at the heart of everything we do.”
Secondary Student Coach
The Amsterdam International Community School (AICS) is a growing international school in Amsterdam. We are looking for enthusiastic, collaborative, skillful and experienced colleagues to join our team. Due to the continued growth of our school, we have job opportunities for the coming academic year for two flex class coaches at one or more of our AICS campuses.
0,8 to 1 fte
Pay scale 4 (min. €1854,- max. €2570,- full-time per month, before tax) or higher scale, depending on experience.
Starting date: August 2022
If you are available before August, please indicate this in your application
About the Amsterdam International Community School (AICS)
The AICS is a Dutch International Primary and Secondary School. We are one of 40 schools worldwide and the only school in the Netherlands that offers the full IB continuum (IB PYP, MYP, DP, and CP). Together with a number of other national Dutch schools we form the ‘Esprit Scholen’.
The AICS is a partly-state-funded community school, which enables us to deliver high-quality education at competitive fees. The AICS is a fully-accredited member of the Council of International Schools (CIS) and offers international education to internationally-mobile students from over 50 different nationalities.
The AICS currently offers Primary education to students aged 4-11 and Secondary education to students aged 11-19. The main language of instruction for classes is English. The AICS is one school located in three campuses throughout the city of Amsterdam: AICS South (Primary and Secondary, over 1100 students), AICS Satellite (Primary only, around 200 students) and AICS South East (Primary and Secondary, over 300 students).
To be a community where learning is at the heart of everything we do.
The AICS facilitates high quality, accessible, community-based international learning for students of all nationalities living in The Netherlands.
Flex class at AICS
In August 2022, we are extedning our Flex class to students in secondary who need extra support to develop their academic skills. The Flex class will be coordinated by the flex coach, the student care coordinator and the advisor for inclusive education. It is available 5 days a week from 08.30 to 16.30
You need to be:
- an innovative and creative teaching assistant with experience and/or further education in special education and inclusion;
- experienced in working with students with learning and /or behaviour difficulties in a small group setting;
- experienced in working with a team of specialists to monitor learning support plans for students;
- motivated and willing to contribute to the development of the flex class;
- able to contribute to a close school community and work as part of a dynamic and hardworking team;
- flexible, resilient, and open to new ideas;
- fluent in spoken and written English;
- an interest in working with young people;
- able to collaborate with students from different cultural backgrounds.
You need to have:
- a commitment to the school’s mission to provide high-quality community-based international learning in the form of the IB programme;
- an understanding and knowledge of different cultural backgrounds;
- the ability and initiative to help create and implement school policies;
- excellent command of the English language and general communication skills additional spoken language skills would be an asset;
- a collaborative mindset and a good sense of humour.
The Amsterdam International Community School is committed to creating a safe learning environment for our staff and students. Reference checks will include a check on child protection issues for all serious candidates. We will require a police clearance certificate for the last country of employment as well as a certificate of conduct (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag, VOG) upon arrival in the Netherlands or if you are already a resident in the Netherlands.
Closing Date: 27 June 2022
Please submit applications through this website.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to interview candidates before the closing date of the vacancy. All candidates do have equity in the process.
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.