Secondary Educational Inclusion Coach
Amsterdam International Community School
“Learning is at the heart of everything we do.”
Secondary Educational Inclusion Coach
The Amsterdam International Community School (AICS) is a growing international school in Amsterdam. We are looking for enthusiastic, collaborative, skillful and experienced colleagues to join our team. Due to the continued growth of our school, we have job opportunities for the coming academic year for experienced Secondary Inclusion Coach at one or more of our AICS campuses.
0,8 - 1fte Pay scale LB (min. €2865,- max. €4366,- full-time per month, before tax) or higher scale, depending on experience.
Starting date: August 2022
If you are available before August, please indicate this in your application
About the Amsterdam International Community School (AICS)
The AICS is a Dutch International Primary and Secondary School. We are one of 40 schools worldwide and the only school in the Netherlands that offers the full IB continuum (IB PYP, MYP, DP, and CP). Together with a number of other national Dutch schools we form the ‘Esprit Scholen’.
The AICS is a partly-state-funded community school, which enables us to deliver high-quality education at competitive fees. The AICS is a fully-accredited member of the Council of International Schools (CIS) and offers international education to internationally-mobile students from over 50 different nationalities.
The AICS currently offers Primary education to students aged 4-11 and Secondary education to students aged 11-19. The main language of instruction for classes is English. The AICS is one school located in three campuses throughout the city of Amsterdam: AICS South (Primary and Secondary, over 1100 students), AICS Satellite (Primary only, around 200 students) and AICS South East (Primary and Secondary, over 300 students).
To be a community where learning is at the heart of everything we do.
The AICS facilitates high quality, accessible, community-based international learning for students of all nationalities living in The Netherlands.
You need to be:
- A qualified secondary school teacher who can coach, guide and facilitate teachers to develop inclusive practices in the classroom;
- An innovative and creative teacher with a strong understanding of inquiry-based learning or enthusiasm to learn about inquiry based education;
- Able to contribute to a close school community and work as part of a dynamic and hardworking team;
- Flexible, resilient, and open to new ideas;
- Fluent in spoken and written English;
- An inspirational teacher who can stimulate students’ and teachers’ learning skills;
- Able to coach and guide classroom teachers to support the academic, social and educational needs of their students;
- Aware and sensitive to the different cultural backgrounds of students and their families.
You need to have:
- A commitment to the school’s mission to provide high-quality community-based international learning in the form of the IB programme;
- A valid secondary education teaching qualification in your own country, preferably already accredited by DUO;
- A specialisation in Special Education and inclusive education practices;
- At least two years’ Secondary School teaching experience - experience in the MYP programme is preferred;
- Excellent knowledge and experience of different teaching and educational methodologies;
- An understanding and knowledge of intercultural competence;
- The ability and initiative to help create and implement school policies;
- Excellent command of the English language and general communication skills - additional spoken language skills would be an asset;
- A collaborative mindset and a good sense of humour.
Please submit applications through this website.
The Amsterdam International Community School is committed to creating a safe learning environment for our staff and students. Reference checks will include a check on child protection issues for all serious candidates. We will require a police clearance certificate for the last country of employment as well as a certificate of conduct (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag, VOG) upon arrival in the Netherlands or if you are already a resident in the Netherlands.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to interview candidates before the closing date of the vacancy. All candidates do have equity in the process.
Closing Date: 31st August 2022
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.