Secondary School Dutch Language Acquisition and/or Language and Literature Teachers
Amsterdam International Community School
“Learning is at the heart of everything we do.”
We are looking for Secondary School Dutch Language Acquisition and/or Language and Literature Teachers (MYP/DP).
Secondary School Teachers
The Amsterdam International Community School (AICS) is a growing International school in Amsterdam. We are on the lookout for enthusiastic, collaborative, and knowledgeable colleagues to join our team. Due to the continued growth of our school, we have opportunities for experienced Secondary School Dutch teachers. There are opportunities in the Language Acquisition and Language and Literature departments, on both of our campuses (South and South East), as well as both in the Middle Years and Diploma Programme.
Pay scale between LB (min. €2865,- max. €4366,- full-time per month, before tax) or higher scale, depending on experience.
Job size: 0.6 - 1.0 fte (full-time employment) or 3-5 days a week
Start date: 1st August 2022
***a DUO-validated (Dutch Ministry of Education) teaching degree for secondary school education is required to teach in the Netherlands***
About the Amsterdam International Community School (AICS)
The AICS is a Dutch International Primary and Secondary School in the Netherlands. We are an IB World School school that offers PYP, MYP, DP, and CP. Together with a number of other national Dutch schools we form ‘Esprit Scholen’.
The AICS is a partly-state-funded community school, which enables us to deliver high-quality education at competitive fees. The AICS is a fully-accredited member of the Council of International Schools (CIS) and offers international education to internationally-mobile students from over 50 different nationalities.
The AICS currently offers Primary education to students aged 4-11 and Secondary education to students aged 11-19. The main language of instruction for classes is English. The AICS is located in three campuses throughout the city of Amsterdam: AICS South (Primary and Secondary, over 1100 students), AICS Satellite (Primary only, around 200 students) and AICS South East (Primary and Secondary, over 400 students).
To be a community where learning is at the heart of everything we do.
The AICS facilitates high quality, accessible, community-based international learning for students of all nationalities living in The Netherlands.
You need to be:
- an innovative and creative teacher, ideally with an understanding of the MYP and/or the DP;
- able to contribute to a close school community and work as part of a dynamic and hardworking team;
- flexible, resilient, and open to new ideas;
- fluent in spoken and written English;
- an inspirational teacher, who can stimulate students’ learning skills;
- able to cater for students with many different social, emotional, and educational needs, from a variety of different cultural backgrounds and countries.
You need to have:
- a commitment to the school’s mission to provide high-quality community-based international learning in the form of the IB programme;
- at least two years’ teaching experience (with experience in the MYP and/or DP programme preferred, but not required);
- excellent knowledge and experience of different teaching and educational methodologies;
- an understanding and knowledge of different cultural backgrounds;
- the ability and initiative to help create and implement school policy;
- excellent command of the Dutch and English languages and general communication skills;
- a collaborative mindset and a good sense of humour;
- a DUO-validated (Dutch Ministry of Education) teaching degree for secondary school education is required to teach in the Netherlands***
Please submit applications before 6th July 2022 through this website.
The AICS is committed to creating a safe learning environment for our staff and students. Reference checks will include a check on child protection issues for all serious candidates. We will require a police clearance certificate for the last country of employment as well as a certificate of conduct (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag, VOG) upon arrival in the Netherlands or if you are already a resident in the Netherlands.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to interview candidates before the closing date of the vacancy. All candidates do have equity in the process.
Internal and external candidates are welcome
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.